Linux GP client

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Re: Linux GP client

Looks like this was impacted by the same issue as the windows client where it would not accept passwords with < and/or > in them. After swapping those characters out the connection is established without any issues.

What did we learn:

* there is a password length limit in the 4.1 client

* The 4.1 client will not connect if you have a < or > in your password

* The OSX 4.1 client *does* work with

* The Linux client suffers from the same character issue as the Windows client

* I do not know if the Linux client suffers from the password length issue reported by someone else in the Windows client post.

Tags (3)
L2 Linker

I have another query with new Global Protect client for linux.

Currently we are using VPNC StrongSwan for VPN to our network and we have enabled X-auth, group name and password.

Once we move to Globla Protect client for linux, can we remove X-auth, group name and password? I assume these configuration will be ignored.

Thanks in advance.

L7 Applicator

@RbadigerCY ,

That would be correct; the GlobalProtect agent for Linux doesn't require X-Auth to be configured. If they were the only clients utilizing X-Auth you should be good to completely remove this configuration once you've moved everything to the actual GlobalProtect agent. 

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!