Linux NIS User-id Integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Linux NIS User-id Integration

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone,

Is it possible at all to integrate a Linux NIS server to be used by User-Id? From what I understand the NIS does not even log logon logoff events. I have a feeling that I am answering my own question. Also is it possible to use Syslog to look through LTSP for events as well? We do have an openLDAP server but each linux client goes straight to the NIS server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Eugene Milon

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hi Eugene,

You can find following document useful. If you have some logs on NIS server, you can retrieve the user id information using following document

How to Configure a Custom Syslog Sender and Test User Mappings

If you have additional questions regarding strings or regex, you can contact our dev center for assistance

DevCenter

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Is there any updated document for this matter, we are currently running into this issue.

If I try the link above it will tell me I have insufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @Jimmy_Delgado ,

As the original poster noted, it looks like NIS does not log authentication events -> https://serverfault.com/questions/509646/how-to-have-logs-about-users-logins-logouts-in-a-nis-server.

I don't have an absolute certainty, but the site looks reputable.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!