Locked user list

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Locked user list

L1 Bithead

I've been getting this error for a user on our Captive portal:

User 'neoguest' failed authentication.  Reason: User is in locked users list From: 172.16.10.100.

I've searched how to unlock the user but I haven't found any info on that.

Can anyone send some info on how to unlock this user because I tried deleting and recreating the same user but the error is still present.

Best regards,

Konstantin

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Under Device->Authentication profile, the last column will list locked users. Please select the user  'neoguest' and unlock him/her.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Under Device->Authentication profile, the last column will list locked users. Please select the user  'neoguest' and unlock him/her.

Hello,

I have a locked user I am unable to unlock hil. I can see him in WebUI but when I click on his name nothing happens.

What can I try else ?

regards

Jean-Luc

Hi,

What version of PanOS are you running?

There have been a few issues removing users from locked list. The fixes are described in the release notes (bug 43665, 44805, 47387)  with the most recent is fix in 4.1.12/5.0.3.

Do you have the same issue with all browsers(IE/Chrome/Firefox)?

If the user is locked out of GP Gateway they can be cleared from CLI:

> request global-protect-gateway unlock

- Stefan

Hello,

I was using 5.0.0 and had the problem with IE and Firefox.

I even get a debug capture which only says

<response status="success"><result><response status="error"><result>User could not be unlocked.

Please check the authentication profile and/or the authentication sequence for this user.</result></response></result></response>

I have done 2 things, upgraded to the last version and rename a local group with the same name of the NetBIOS name of a Windows domain I was authenticating from

the problem disappear

Sorry for disturbing

Have a nice day

Jean-Luc

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!