Logging to Panorama VM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Logging to Panorama VM

L7 Applicator

To cut a long story short.....

we lost Panorama VM. (ESX)

i removed firewall (3020) from Panorama management and selected "disable Panorama Policy and Objets" in Device\Setup\Panorama settings.

imported policy and objects before disabling.

built new VM 8.10 and upgraded 3020 to 8.17.

Added new Panorama and selected "Enable policy "etc...

Imported 3020 to Panorama, policies and objects are working fine, but not the logging.

I can see the traffic logs on 3020, I can see traffic to and from panorama on port 3978 but nothing in Panoram GUI.

diags as follows.

3020- show logging-status

panlog1.png

Panorama- show logging-status device <serial number>

panissue2.png

any advice or best log file to follow would be great.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I'm thinking that is a call to support.

Regards,

@Mick_Ball,

Ya I'd log a support case with this as @OtakarKlier mentioned. It would appear that the firewall is sending the logs to panorma via your screenshots, so something is odd on the Panorama side of things. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!