Logs during upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Logs during upgrade

L3 Networker

If i do a upgrade on a firewall from panorama (maybe api is the same?), is there anyway of gather the log from the upgrade or follow the progress from the cli? 

Just in case the upgrade failes i guess it would be nice to be able to read the logs afterwards.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

This is not really possible. You can watch the boot process if you have a console cable attached. But thats about it. I personally have not had a PAN fail an upgrade and have worked with many different models since version 4 code. I would suggest you make sure you read the release notes. Depending on your model, it could take some time for the reboot to complete so I give myself a 30 minutes time limit, thats when panic sets in. However some ofthe smaller models can take longer depending on the code.

Hope that helps.

I see, well im comming from using a other vendor where like half of the upgrades fail and we need to upload logs to the support. So maybe im just stuck with old thinking then 🙂

Hello,

I have been there myself and still am in a few cases. However the PAN engineers are pretty good about testing their code. Not saying mistakes dont happen, but they are pretty good.

Regards,

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!