M-100 default log collector

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

M-100 default log collector

L2 Linker

Hello,

in the followind doc, Firgure: Single Default Log Collector per Collector Group.

Looks like we can assign Firewalls to send logs to the Primary Panorama, Also it looks like we can assign firewalls to send logs to only the Secondary Panorama.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/70/panorama/panorama_adminguide/manage-log-collection...

However, on the following document

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/60/panorama/panorama_adminguide/panorama-high-availab...

indicates that managed devices can send logs to only the one peer.

Could you please help me to decipher, this mistery.

thank you

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I got it fixed. 

the documentation is not clear. Needs some work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi...When you have 2 M100s in HA, you can define both M100s to act as log collectors.  The managed devices will forward logs to either one per your configuration.  Let's say you have 6 managed devices/PAs on your network.  You can have devices 1,2,3 forward to M-100-A while devices 4,5,6 forward their logs to M-100-B.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply.

so, if I want to have only the Default log collector in each Panorama. I don't need to configure the Secondary log collector to the primary. is this correct?

Again thank you in advance.

I got it fixed. 

the documentation is not clear. Needs some work.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!