M86 Migration Experiences

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

M86 Migration Experiences

L3 Networker

I may be starting a migration soon that includes migrating URL filtering from an M86 to PAN.

I'm trying to get up to speed on the M86 (haven't used it before) and wondered if anyone had any hints, recommendations or "gotchas" to watch out for.

Currently perusing the M86 web filter user guide but that never paints the whole picture.  So, appreciate any suggestions.

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

To access migration tool community, you need permission.

To get permission for migration tool community, you need to ask your local SE.

You can download the tool in this community.

I've got the migration tool.  Playing with version 2 now.

My understanding is the migration tool only supports Checkpoint, ASA-type, Snort, SRX/Junos.  And migrate to Panorama.  Looks like Sidewinder was removed.  So is M86 supported?

Also, I'm dealing with the M86 web filter; not a firewall.  Besides, the migration tool doesn't migrate any URL filters.

Thus the reason for asking for personal experiences in migrating URL filtering from M86 to PAN.

Please follow below mentioned discussion , it may help you.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/17344#17344  

Thanks

Yeah, I saw that discussion.  It sounds from that post that regular AD groups are used so that's nice.  Will save time vs. a Websense  migration which uses local user groups.

Also saw one thing to watch out for is prioritization of groups.  Makes sense just organizing Security Policies properly.

I was actually interested in the URL specification and how that went for the people who have done this migration.

Thanks.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!