Make PA speak to AD without a User-ID Agent?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Make PA speak to AD without a User-ID Agent?

L6 Presenter

In order to use AD-integration in the PA unit (setup security rules based on logged in user or which group the logged in user belongs to) one need today to setup a few additional servers running the User-ID Agent (unless you want this agent to be running straight on your AD-servers).

What would be nifty is if the PA unit could speak directly to the AD (using its own read-only account) without the need of any additional servers.

Is this perhaps already on the roadmap and is this even possible (I mean sure there is a mgmt-plane but I guess there is a reason for why the User-ID Agent of today is an external process instead of internal one)?

Or can this be done today already with lets say 4.1.1 (or the soon to be released 4.1.2)?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

currently this is not supported. you can create a enhancement request. i have checked internally and there is no roadmap for this at the moment.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

currently this is not supported. you can create a enhancement request. i have checked internally and there is no roadmap for this at the moment.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!