Management CPU is 100%

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Management CPU is 100%

Not applicable

Hi Guys,

We are having an issue with the Palo Alto 2050 running OS 5.0.2. Earlier it happens when we do a commit or generating some reports. Then we cleared the all logs and update to 5.0.2 and now the Management CPU is always 100% even though we didn't do anything. Is this is a bug in 5.0.2 and does the next version 5.0.3 will fix this. Please help me on this as we are really worried about this.

Regards

Paul Mathew

Network Engineer

American School of Dubai

19 REPLIES 19

I hear you, and honestly I want PA to succeed. I like the "story" of the little guy with the game-changing and revolutionary ideas winning (as the oldest example i have of that, I got on board with Linux around 1998, when I was like... 15).

I just want them to improve the QA process, test these new features, and ultimately not make me look foolish for 'cheerleading' for them at work.

egearhart wrote:

I hear you, and honestly I want PA to succeed. I like the "story" of the little guy with the game-changing and revolutionary ideas winning (as the oldest example i have of that, I got on board with Linux around 1998, when I was like... 15).

Youngster. 🙂

egearhart wrote:

I just want them to improve the QA process, test these new features, and ultimately not make me look foolish for 'cheerleading' for them at work.

I'd like not to have to keep covering my arse by slipping upgrades in at 4 am in the hope that I can figure out if they've gone pear-shaped before everyone else gets here at 8.

At the time of purchase (years ago), the 2050s weren't the slowest devices and the salesman & engineers that evaluated our operations deemed the 2000 series to be adequate to our needs. It appears as though the newer software (I'm on 4.1.12 now) , was designed beyond the limits of the 2000 series because the older versions (3.1.x) worked better for the  hardware. The feature set and abilities of the newer software is better and improved, and I greatly appreciate that fact, but it doesnt run fast on the older boxes like mine.

We are considering new series boxes and we will research other solutions as well, but I don't like the "fix it by investing large sums of money in a new mid grade box" mind set. Will the newer 3000 series be treated the same way in a couple of years? Our budget is not unlimited, we cannot chunk our old boxes and buy new ones every 2 or 3 years. I feel it would be a better design to be able to upgrade some of the hardware in the device, the 500 series can and I would've appreciated that functionality in my device too.

Your response reflects 100% of what I was thinking when I saw the "just go buy 3000 series appliances!" response...

darren.gibbs wrote:

I'd like not to have to keep covering my arse by slipping upgrades in at 4 am in the hope that I can figure out if they've gone pear-shaped before everyone else gets here at 8.

Yes, that too ^^

• 19 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!