Managing Multiple Globalprotect Profiles

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Managing Multiple Globalprotect Profiles

L0 Member

Any advice for managing multiple GlobalProtect connection profiles?  My colleagues and I connect to several different sites and haven't found a great way to track the client info for each site outside of a spreadsheet or password manager.

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Jeremy,

Just to clarify, do you mean on the host machine, because you are connecting to multiple GlobalProtect portals that belong to different sites? Wanted to make sure I understood that correctly.

What exactly are you trying to track when you say 'client info'?

Please elaborate!

Thanks!

L7 Applicator

I believe you are a consultant that connects to different GlobalProtect Portals (for some of your clients)

In that case you would have to change your Portal address and remember credentials for each of them (which would explain why you're maintaining a spreadsheet).

You're looking for some way to "toss" the configuration into a pre-set config for each of your clients, like OpenVPN does with the .ovpn configuration files.

Is this assumption correct ? --- If that's the case, there are no such files or profile managers.

You can try to work around with registry .reg files on Windows and/or manipulate plist files on Mac.

Check the following thread for further clues: Global Protect: insert portal address via registry

I am looking for same multiple gateway config in the client side. In my understanding of that article, you can configure default settings via a key registry but I have no idea how to make it for multiple gateways.

Last event I attended, the Palo Alto speaker had multiple gateways configured in the GlobalProtect desktop client. It was just a drop down list in a menu. So, I can confirm this option exists in same way.

Any suggestions?

L6 Presenter

Hi Jeremy,

At a time you can connect to one portal, and that value will be stored in registry. Now next time when you wants to connect to another portal than you have to put portal IP and new user/pass manually.

There is no automatic way to switch from one portal to another without changing IP/user/pass.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!