Manually Remove PanAgent/NetConnect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Manually Remove PanAgent/NetConnect

L1 Bithead

Hello All,

Seem I was bitten by the Java security update and a Win7 64bit OS during the installation of SSL-VPN NetConnect and PanAgent service. My computer will now no longer successfully connect to the PanAgent service and NetConnect hangs on establishing a connection. If I use Add Remove Programs to remove the application the PanAgent and PanInstaller Service still remain. How do I manually remove all traces of the application/services so that I can start over?

Incidently, is it fully documented that the SSL-VPN client, when being installed on Win7 64bit needs to be firstly run using IE 64bit not the traditional 32bit version?

Thanks,

-Paul

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Looks like Support had you do the uninstall again, making sure to remove the folder C:\program files\paloaltonetworks. After a reoot of the PC the service was gone and you were able to install the IE64-bit client.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!