Max session age?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Max session age?

L2 Linker

Quick question here.  If there is a perfect TCP or UDP session that is just sending stream data for example (say, an IP camera feed to a DVR server) and there are no app hiccups or dropped packets - is there a max session age for this condition?  I can't seem to find anything in the docs, and I have a few sessions that are nearing 2 weeks old, so I'm assuming the answer is that there isn't a max age on a valid, working session - just wanted to double check that I'm not missing anything.

TIA

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

While I havent found a setting for it, I dont think there is an option for this? Why would you want to interupt a session? I also have some sessions that are months old, mainly netflow. There are settings for sessions if you go to the Device Tab-> Setup -> Session. But these are mainly for hung sessions or where no data is flowing so you dont consume your firewall with sessions that are hung or stalled.

Regards,

Yeah - I was just wondering if there was one.  I don't think so, but thought I would ask.  Bad actor could conciveably use up all sessions with valid long running sessions....  

Hello,

@dberber1, you are correct, it would be a classic DoS scenario.

Cheers!

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!