Mgmt webgui kicks me out since panos 6.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Mgmt webgui kicks me out since panos 6.0

L4 Transporter

Wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. Ever since our clients have been updated to PANOS 6, the webgui will periodically kick you back to the login screen. This seems to happen in both Chrome and FF. It still happens with 6.0.4.

We see this on 200s, 500s, 2000s and 3000s.

Has anyone else run into this? Is it a known bug?

12 REPLIES 12

L4 Transporter

The only problems I have seen are related to time sync issues:

- Mismatch time between client machine and the firewall(one of them had wrong time)

- Firewall had misbehaving or incorrect NTP server configuration

Could you provide more info on the configuration.

Idle timer configuration? (default is 60 minutes)

What type of account used?(superuser/adminrole/etc)

Could you also provide more info on the sequence of actions prior to the problem.

Does it happen shortly after user login?

Is there a certain action that causes the logout to happen?(such as click on Device tab or perform log query)

Some debug data that can be gathered:

Enable the following debugs and then reproduce the issue

-WebUI Debug: How to Run a PAN-OS Web UI Debug

-Management Server Debug:

> debug management-server on debug

Collect the following files(or a tech support):

> less mp-log ms.log

> less mp-log appweb3-websrvr.log

> less mp-log php.debug.log

L4 Transporter

Hi Macwage

I can confirm your observations. I'm using 6.02. on PA200 and from time to time (usually after 30s-few minuts) GUI kick me off. I'm using latest FF.

Regards

SLawek

I'll see what I can do as far as getting webgui debug info.

It almost always happens when I click on something. For example, I may click on the Monitor tab then click on Traffic and it will instantly throw me back to the login screen.

In all cases, the firewall is configured with an NTP server and has the correct time. And it is a super-user account each time. The idle timer configuration has not been changed from the default.. and it kicks me back to the login while I am actively using it.

Hi

Same behaviur on my device. Tommorow I will upgrade to 6.0.3 and we will if it changed something... I don't think so because in tech doc from 6.0.3 wasn't info related to such problems.

Regards

SLawek

L7 Applicator

It may seem rudimentary, but have you tried clearing your browser cache, cookies, etc.?  I want to say I experienced this previously but after an upgrade AND clearing out all of the cache/cookies/etc., I haven't seen it lately. 

Hello,

Same problem for me after uprading to 6.0.4 on PA500.

I'm using Chrome...

Regards,

HA

Not applicable

I have a PA500 running 6.0.3 and I am periodically getting kicked out the webui as well.  Running latest production version of FF on the machine I am using the webui.  I have another PA500 not on 6.0 yet that isn't displaying this behavior.  I have NTP configured and the time looks correct and I haven't changed inactivity defaults either.  I have had cases where after only a 2-3 minutes I clicked on another tab in the UI and I get booted out of the UI.  It only happens maybe once an hour, but it is annoying.

I´m on 6.1 and still get kicked out. But we experienced that even from earlier versions <6.0. I was told by our reseller that they have the same issues. Anyone come up with the reason for this behavour?

Not me. On 6.1.1 at most of my clients and still have the issue in all browsers.

L4 Transporter

I've been experiencing this as well on PA 200's and 5020's.  All running 6.0.6.

Hi.

Same thing on 5050@6.0.6. Random logouts from GUI on differ PC/browsers.

I´ve opened a case with PA on this and provided them with the data necessary. I´ll post back here if they come up with a solution, or at least a cause...

• 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!