Migrate PA-500 to PA-820

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migrate PA-500 to PA-820

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have a customer with a PA-500 cluster in version 6.0.3 out of support and has bought some new PA-820 that come with version 8.0.0.

As the PA-500 are not supported and I do not want to update them to version 8.0.0, is it possible to load the xml version 6.0.3 in a version 8.0.0?

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

I believe you should be able to leverage the Firewall Migration tool, to import the 6.o config, and export the 8.0 config. 

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/secure-the-network/next-generation-firewall/migration-tool

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite
How comfortable are you with modifying XML files? If it were me doing this transition, I would do it through the actual XML file directly. The Migration tool has grown by leaps and bounds, but I've still got bad memories from when the tool wasn't as good as it is now so I tend to avoid it. If your comfortable modifying XML, this is probably small enough where doing it manually honestly wouldn't take that much time.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!