Migrate config from Panorama template to local device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migrate config from Panorama template to local device

L0 Member

Just getting my head around the ins and outs of Palos, and some initial lab setup we had leveraged a couple of PA-220s and a virtual instance of Panorama. 

Using that config, I'm building a standalone PA-220 and want to recycle the bulk of the config from what I'd tested with, however, importing that is shown as the config from Panorama, which will not be in use in this instance, and seems uneditable. 

Looking at the config XML, is there an easy way to take the template config to merge it to a local config?  I see articles migrating TO Pano, not FROM. 

I would think it would be easy enough to strip the config out of the <template> header, but not sure it's that simple. 

TIA...

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

You can pull the config down from Panorama into the local firewall under Device, Management, Panorama Settings Disabling Device and Network Template and ticking the Import Device and Network Template before disabling option.

Example.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

You can pull the config down from Panorama into the local firewall under Device, Management, Panorama Settings Disabling Device and Network Template and ticking the Import Device and Network Template before disabling option.

Example.png

Ahh...great.  I'd read an article on that, but it was specific to simply get rid of that config...didn't connect those dots.  Thanks for the quick reply. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!