Migrate from ASA 5505 to a PA 3020

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migrate from ASA 5505 to a PA 3020

L4 Transporter

Any one know the best what to migrate this configuration from a Cisco ASA 5505 to a PA 3020 here it show run information for the interfaces from the ASA 5505

interface Ethernet0/0

switchport access
vlan 900

!

interface Ethernet0/1

switchport access
vlan 300

!

interface Ethernet0/2

switchport trunk
allowed vlan 1,999

switchport trunk native vlan 1

switchport mode trunk

!

interface Ethernet0/3

switchport trunk
allowed vlan 1,999

switchport trunk native vlan 1

switchport mode trunk

interface Ethernet0/4

switchport access
vlan 999

!

interface Ethernet0/5

!

interface Ethernet0/6

switchport access
vlan 300

!

interface Ethernet0/7

switchport access vlan 999

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Please ask a partner who sell you PA device for Migration Tool or download it from your partner portal (if You have account)

This tool help you with config migration .

Regards

Slawek

Well I did that with an SE on the first PA but I didn't really learn anything about how it works so I was hoping to try manually configuring my DR site so I might be able to better grasp the concepts of how the PA works

L3 Networker

What kind of ASA version do you have? ASA 8.4 version is not migrated certainly using migration tools and NAT rules are not supported.

You should check in detail for NAT rules and NAT related security rules for migration.

Thanks.

Regards,

Roh

Right NAT's, firewall rules,VPN tunnels do not migrate with the tool. This is my second PA, 1st one the SE did the conversion and it helped but there was a lot of manual configuration needed to be done. But my biggest concern is starting with the interfaces that are listed in my original post I want to learn how to manual migrate the settings.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!