Modify application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Modify application

L2 Linker

One of the applications (a default one in the Palo Alto) sometimes connects over an other port than the defined standard port for the application. Since I defined the plicys service as 'application default', this traffic gets blocked.

Its the application 'magister', which has a standard port of tcp,443 but sometimes connects over 943 & 4502. 

The applications user manual (dutch, chapter 3.5) says this ports must be opened for optimal usage, otherwise the application can work slow.

Can i change this application in the firewall? Should i ask Palo Alto to change this? Should i create a custom application?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Community Team Member

Hi @Sjoerd,

You could add the ports a service instead of using application-default.

You also might want to reach out to TAC and have them review the application in case you would like the ports to be added to the application-default ones.

Cheers !

-Kiwi 

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hi Kiwi, Thanks for youre response!

I already added the ports as services for a workaround, but i think a better solution would be to change the application.

Probably a stuppid question, but what is TAC and how to reach them?

Community Team Member

Hi @Sjoerd,

Sorry if that wasn't clear. 

TAC = Technical Assistance Center ... or technical support 😄

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/company/contact-support

Cheers !

-Kiwi,

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!