Monitoring BGP stats using SNMP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Monitoring BGP stats using SNMP

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I can't find an OID that gives me the BGP stats, these stats can be retrieved on the webgui.

I don't need to setup snmp traps, I need the oids for monitoring purposes only and not alerting.

Firewall model: PA-5020 

Sw version: 7.1.10

Can someone help me to find them please?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Community Team Member

Hi @nabbate,

BGP status querying via MIB is currently not supported.

There is however an existing feature request for this.

Please reach out to your local Sales Engineer and have him add your vote to the request (FR #5844).

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hi @kiwi thanks for this info, I had already a suspect about it but I needed a confirmation.

Antonino

Also, @kiwi could you give me a link to this feature request please? so I will take a look.

Thanks again,

Antonino

Community Team Member

Hi @nabbate,

I don't believe there's an external page showing the existing feature requests.

However, the # I gave in the previous comment is the one that corresponds to "MIB for BGP stats".

Hope this helps !

-Kiwi.

Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Nice, thanks.

L0 Member

L4 Transporter

Does anyone know if FR #5844 was approved for a future release? We could really use this capability for our PRTG monitoring.

Thank you

L0 Member

Does anyone know if FR #5844 was approved for a future release? We could really use this capability for our monitoring too. Thank you

Community Team Member

Hi @jamesgarner ,

This FR is not yet approved.  A workaround today would be to use the BGP routing traps defined in the PAN-TRAPS MIB. The monitoring tool can use the traps to build alert rules.

Hope this helps,

-Kiwi.

Cheers,
Kiwi

• 9 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!