Moving a VSYS from one PA device to another

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Moving a VSYS from one PA device to another

L2 Linker

Hello

Question here , how can we move a VSYS from one device to another ? please note that in this scenario we cannot backup everything a restore on target since target is running other things that need to be running .

Any ideas ? what are important things ? shared objects ? ... etc . unfortunatly I did not fnd any guidelines.

7 REPLIES 7

L6 Presenter

I would try with PA migration tool. Import configuration with source vsys, set the target configuration as base configuration and use the merge configuration feature. There you can simply drag parts of configuration you want to move from one configuration to other, really easy. 

L3 Networker

Over the CLI you can show the vsys configure:

configure -> show vsys vsys1

If you would copy and past, switch the output to "set"

normal mode -> set cli config-output-format set

Thereafter, the autocomplete does not work anymore

Thanks  for the help , I need to know what is important when merging a VSYS into a system that has other VSYS's running .
for example if the VSYS that I am moving has shared objects , has NATs and Routes  bound to specific interfaces ( e.g. ethernet 0/1) and has a different VSYS ID .. how we merge it to the new host ..? do we need to massage the configuration ?

Thanks  for the help , I need to know what is important when merging a VSYS into a system that has other VSYS's running .
for example if the VSYS that I am moving has shared objects , has NATs and Routes  bound to specific interfaces ( e.g. ethernet 0/1) and has a different VSYS ID .. how we merge it to the new host ..? do we need to massage the configuration ?d

I'd say both ways will migrate all vsys configuration. But can't really confirm that.  

show vsys vsys1 will only show the Config for the vsys!

If you have shared object, you must also make "show shared".

Hi,

another tip: in CLI for exports of configurations you can use "set cli pager off" to avoid parsing output through more.

Best regards

Luciano

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!