Multicast on pa-7050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multicast on pa-7050

L1 Bithead

We are attempting to configure pim sparse mode via the PA-7050 which is going to be used as a control point for various virtual routers on our juniper mx core.   From what I can tell the pim is configured correctly, and the proper rp has been selected.  multicast routes appear correct, however the traffic is still being dropped.  

This is the counter which is being incremented:

flow_fpga_egress_exception_err 1027504 153 drop flow offload Packets dropped: receive egress exception error from offload processor

my multicast streams are being created using iperf

#iperf -u -c 239.2.33.4 --time 10000 -i 1v -T 32 -l 65B -b 80kb

And a receiver in the same routing instance is able to receive the stream, however not through the pa-7050.

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

If I remember correctly, these drops occur when either the multicast group is not configured for the ip range or the security policy is not in place where the destination address is flagged in the policy as multicast.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!