Multiple Panorama Problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multiple Panorama Problems

L4 Transporter

I have multiple issues with Panorama that may, or may not, be connected:-

• Getting 'No Update Information Available' when looking for the latest software packages
  • When it sometimes does work, when trying to download latest (6.0.1) image we get an authentication\integrity error on the package.
  • Upgraded Panorama to v6.0.0 (from 5.0.11) to see if this clears the problem - nope.
  • Manually downloaded 6.0.1 and uploaded via the UI and installed. This works, but are still unable to use the GUI to manage OS versions however.
  • When running with either 6.0.0 or 6.0.1 all logging from our firewalls stops - they are connected and operational, but no logs are being received (performing a show logging status... for a device shows that logging stopped as soon as the OS was upgraded).
    • We saw that there was something related to no logging fixed in 6.0.1 (we had the same issue last time we upgraded to 6.0.0 and were trying again).

The first few issues are frustrating but not operationally critical - the last one is a serious problem.  Has anyone else seen this (all firewalls are running 5.0.9)?

Thanks

Note: We do seem to be having random issues with the Palo upgrade servers - the above, updated maintenance contracts not being pulled down when trying to update licenses, other firewalls having intermittent access errors when performing normal updates etc.

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Hello apackard,

• Getting 'No Update Information Available' when looking for the latest software packages

-  When you go to tab software under tab panorama you get error "'No Update Information Available' can you please click on Check Now link at the bottom of the Software page.

• When it sometimes does work, when trying to download latest (6.0.1) image we get an authentication\integrity error on the package.

- this error might occur during software upgrades. This error does not mean there was a problem downloading the new image, but instead it indicates that there is something wrong with the current PAN-OS image. Can you please try to re-install the current PAN-OS software then attempt the upgrade again.

Please refer the following link for more information about the PAN firewalls not forwarding logs to panorama

Palo Alto Networks Firewall not Forwarding Logs to Panorama (VM and M-100)

Regards,

Jahnavi

Thanks, I will give the linked FAQ a go, however I should note that I have tried rebooting Panorama, and it is not in a HA pair.  Also note that as soon as we downgrade Panorama back to v5 logging commences again immediately.

Also, for the first two points:-

• We have tried the Check Now button and that doesn't help, we get the same error again.
  • We have tried both installing a new version and re-installing the current version and neither work.  As indicated above we have downgraded back to v5 so I will try again tomorrow.

Rgds

1 step forward, 1 step back...

Using the commands in the highlighted FAQ I can kick Panorama logging back into life - but only using those commands i.e. issuing a log stop and start for each firewall (we've got over 40...).

If I reboot a firewall it needs manually stopping and restarting the logging to enable Panorama to receive logs; AND if I reboot Panorama it loses logging from all firewalls again immediately.

Having to roll back to 5.1.x again as logging is unworkable under those conditions.

L3 Networker

Hey apackard -

I feel your pain with the logging issues, only, we experience the same intermittently on PanOS v5.1.6.  Still haven't come up with a solution.

As for your Updates issue.. if you haven't yet resolved that, one thing that we did is changed our Update Server [Panorama -> Setup -> Services -> Update Server] to "staticupdates.paloaltonetworks.com" ... this was suggested some time ago from support.

As I hope that you've figured the issues out since this thread is almost 3 months old, I also hope that if you haven't, this is helpful.

Best regards,

Matt

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!