Multiple Remote Access VPNs, same gateway IP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multiple Remote Access VPNs, same gateway IP?

L1 Bithead

Hey all,

I'm coming over from the Cisco world and trying to setup two separate remote access VPNs but using the same gateway IP. My understanding is that normally with the PA you can use the security policies to differentiate users and provide access restrictions to different users that way.

Say though you wanted two different remote access VPNs each with different IP pool but with different access routes. In this example, one split-tunnel and one full-tunnel. That would seem to need two different tunnel interfaces which would could use two separate VPN zones. That way I can do zone based filtering for each vpn group instead of per user. From what I found, the access routes are configured in the gateway and there is no way to create different groups here. When I tried to create a different gateway profile I could not select the same external IP.

Am I doing something wrong here or does anyone know of a workaround.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hi, unfortunately multiple gateways using the same IP address is not a supported configuration.  I recommend using user groups within your security policies along with a user-identification configuration to achieve similar results.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!