Need help determining why something is blocked.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need help determining why something is blocked.

L0 Member

I am getting the following items blocked, but I can't tell why.  I am not blocking the games category with my URL filtering.

Palo-Deny.GIFI also can't find a way to specifically allow Microsoft PE file transfers. I have also tried whitelisting the site, but nothing I do will allow this.  

Sorry I'm new to Paloaltos but it seems like it should be easier to determine what rule denied this, and why.  I've been through and passed the PCE and PSE training, but there was very little in those videos about the care and feeding of a Palo firewall.  Are there any good videos out there about how to respond to something that is permitted but shouldn't be, or is denied but shouldn't be.

Thanks for any help

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Is there any sort of file blocking or threat/virus/spyware profile on the policy that would normally allow this connection?

which log is this snippet from? what are teh headings on the columns?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

If you could click on the magnifying glass on the left of hte log and provide us with a redacted screen shot of it?

Regards,

This is from the Data Filtering Log.  Thanks for relpying Joe, but I think I found it.  I had the wrong file blocking policy applied.  

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!