Need to logout/login to see new signatures?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need to logout/login to see new signatures?

L2 Linker

I think I may have found a bug with PANOS 4.1.1 on PA-5050s where the WebUI will not display new signatures until the user has logged out and logged back in again.

I left a browser (Firefox 10) logged in for several days, using it just enough that the session did not time out.  During this long session, a content update was installed.  However, when I went looking for the new signatures, I could not find them.  They would not appear in the new Vulnerability Profile or new Spyware Profile dialogs, even if I searched by the CVE number or the Vendor ID.

A new session in a new browser showed them, so I tried logging out of the old session and logging in to a new one.  The signatures were now available in the dialogs.

This is obviously a little tricky to reproduce since there's only a  content update once a week.  I will try to do it again next week though.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hello

I have looked over our bug database and knowledge piont found no similar reported issue.

If you can upgrade to PANos 4.1.3 and see if this fixes this or please open up a case with support so we can assist in investigating this.

Thank  you

Al

Hi Al,

We've actually recently upgraded to 4.1.4.  I'm not able to confirm if the problem still exists because my sessions will not stay logged in long enough.  I just posted in another thread that idle timeout = 0 does not work.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!