Netflow bandwidth usage and link-aggregation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Netflow bandwidth usage and link-aggregation

L2 Linker

We've added a netflow server profile to 4 sub-interfaces on ae1 that connects ISP. The netflow is then reported to Solarwinds where we have poll and collect netflow from these sub-interfaces. But we are also seeing notifications i Solarwinds that all the other sub-interfaces on ae1 (and an additional link-aggregation ae2) sends unmonitored netflow. Is this a misinterpretation of the netflow sent from our 4 sub-interfaces on ae1? Statistics: 500Mb netflow data (15 active timeout) / hour. We have about 30GB / hour and 600K sessions / hour traffic data for the 4 sub-interfaces.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You might want to take a look at the chrome extension Pan(w)achrome. It will give you all of these statistics and you don't have to setup Netflow. I believe that SolarWinds just doesn't really like how PAN does the AE interfaces, when I tried to set it up I was running into the same issue. 

Thanks for the recommendation. The Chrome extension looks nice but we use Solarwinds on our Infoscreen for display of bandwidth trends. So for presentation purposes this extensions doesn't fully cover our need.

Its good to get confirmation about similar problemer with netflow combined with link-aggregation though.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!