New Panorama migration - commit error when completing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

New Panorama migration - commit error when completing

L3 Networker

Hi All,

I have just migrated an active/passive pair of 5220's to Panorama. After completing this following https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/panorama/8-1/panorama-admin/manage-firewalls/transition-a-firewall... I go to perform step 4 and I get an error which I can't seem to resolve. Can someone help?

Here is the error:

devices -> localhost.localdomain -> template-stack -> mll.pa.fw0.eastnet_stack -> config -> devices -> localhost.localdomain -> deviceconfig -> system -> route -> service -> crl-status -> source is missing 'address'
devices -> localhost.localdomain -> template-stack -> mll.pa.fw0.eastnet_stack -> config -> devices -> localhost.localdomain -> deviceconfig -> system -> route -> service -> crl-status -> source is invalid

Its stopping me in the final stages of deployment.

Regards

Adrian

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @a.jones 

According to this error, did you check the service route config? Is there an address configured for CRL status configured or actually should there be one? Maybe you can sove that by manually changing it or then try to delete this, commit and then try to configure it again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hi @a.jones 

According to this error, did you check the service route config? Is there an address configured for CRL status configured or actually should there be one? Maybe you can sove that by manually changing it or then try to delete this, commit and then try to configure it again.

@Remothanks. Checked that and found the root cause. It now commits.

Regards

Adrian

L2 Linker

Hello,

I'm having almost the same error:

• Validation Error:
  • devices -> localhost.localdomain -> template-stack -> SEIT-PA-220-LAB-FW_stack -> config -> devices -> localhost.localdomain -> deviceconfig -> system -> route -> destination -> 10.0.128.100 -> source is missing 'address'
  • devices -> localhost.localdomain -> template-stack -> SEIT-PA-220-LAB-FW_stack -> config -> devices -> localhost.localdomain -> deviceconfig -> system -> route -> destination -> 10.0.128.100 -> source is invalid

But this happens even when I just try to commit it to Panorama, not only Commit and Push. This makes me think that the issue is somewhere in the Panorama configuration? I am unsure of where the issue lies exactly. I didn't think you could create service routes in Panorama, and in the firewall that I'm trying to migrate I added a source IP for the Panorama service route but still get the same error. I also tried just changing the service route to "Use Management Interface for All" but that didn't fix it either.

Any ideas from the error message on where I should check?

Thank you!

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @MDroyKT

to me it looks like that the issue in your Template is under: Customize > Destination:

PavelK_0-1687524326024.png

What would you like to achieve with the IP address: 10.0.128.100?

If you do not need service route based on destination, I would just delete it, then you should not be getting the commit error. If you want to force Firewall to communicate with Panorama through one of the data plane interfaces, you can use below setting:

PavelK_1-1687524757497.png

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Got it! I just set all the service routes back to "Use default".

Thank you!!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!