Newbie - GP and NAT

L1 Bithead

Re: Newbie - GP and NAT

I think I found it - but now how to fix it ;-)

interzone-deny.pnginterzone-default deny

L5 Sessionator

@ckg1999

One step closer :)

Your security policy references destination address object "Plex" does this object have the IP "70.224.89.53"? If it doesn't, you can try setting the source port in your rule to blank (source port isn't required)

Cheers,

Luke.

L1 Bithead

The destination of "Plex" is the internal ip (192.168.x.x) of my plex server. I don't have anything configured for source port. Not sure what else I can do to change it.

L5 Sessionator

Ah, that's where the issue lies then. The destination IP address in the security policy needs to be the public IP (70.224.89.53). Give that a change and let me know how it goes.

Then, I think you may find this a useful resource :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahrao6kBg8w

L5 Sessionator

@LukeBullimore wrote:

Ah, that's where the issue lies then. The destination IP address in the security policy needs to be the public IP (70.224.89.53). Give that a change and let me know how it goes.

Then, I think you may find this a useful resource :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahrao6kBg8w

Just a quick note to this, just so you don't break your NAT rule: leave your old address "Plex" object as it was, and add a new object for the public IP. Add the newly created object as the destination IP for your rule.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Thank you for the help, @LukeBullimore!  That did it!

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!