No information showing up in Monitor->Logs->Traffic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

No information showing up in Monitor->Logs->Traffic

Not applicable

Dealing with my first experience with Palo Alto Firewalls.  I am working with the vmware appliance version. I have two rules/policies current configured.  One allows all traffic outbound and the other allows only ms-rdp traffic inbound.  This is a lab situation until I feel comfortable with deploying in a production situation.  I have one host behind the VM PA on the trusted side and have internet access on the untrusted side. 

By going through the documentation I have and what I have read online, I was expecting that I should see traffic info show up in the traffic log by default.  Not seeing anything show up.

At this point, I have not applied a license to the system when I read that it would run in limited traffic capability.  Wouldnt expect the license not being installed to be an issue at this point with just one host to be the issue.

Suggestions ?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hellornutter,

I have seen this behavior before. First of all make sure the policy is enabled for traffic logging. Also, please follow this discussion thread, is says "Unlicensed VM series do not provide logging, at least that's how it works in my lab as well." : No traffic logs in PA-VM

log-session.jpg

NOTE: I would suggest you to install the license on this VM. Latter on, if you want to transfer the license to an another VM, support will bind to an another CPUID/UUID.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hellornutter,

I have seen this behavior before. First of all make sure the policy is enabled for traffic logging. Also, please follow this discussion thread, is says "Unlicensed VM series do not provide logging, at least that's how it works in my lab as well." : No traffic logs in PA-VM

log-session.jpg

NOTE: I would suggest you to install the license on this VM. Latter on, if you want to transfer the license to an another VM, support will bind to an another CPUID/UUID.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Installing the license now has it logging.  That was my suspicion.  I am running on an eval license.  Was trying to delay the install of that until there wasnt an option.  I have a quote for e permanent license but not sure when I will get the go-ahead to purchase,

Ron

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!