No internet access after connecting to Gobal Protect in Mac

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

No internet access after connecting to Gobal Protect in Mac

L0 Member
Hello Friends, please anyone, can you help to solve the below issue. I am not able to connect the internet after connecting to GP, version 4.1.8 in Mac Mojave 10.14.3. In windows it works fine. regards, Liju
17 REPLIES 17

L4 Transporter

Did this config ever work on this MAC before?

If this is a new install of GP on this mac, you may want to go to system preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Under General make sure Allow apps from downloaded from , it does not have Global Protect or PANGPS listed..

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did the same at the time of installation, as it was not connecting initially.

Now the connection is established and after that I am not able to browse internet. Any internal portal from office can be opened.

No external URL's.

thanks

Without more detail setup information, it is difficult to tourbleshoot it.

Everything works on a Windows machine, just not on a MacOS device after connect to the global protect portal? 

Do you get the correct ip address assigned to the MacOS device? Does your security policy allow ping?  Can you ping the global protect gateway?  Can you ping like 8.8.8.8 ?

L0 Member

Hi, seen this issue before. Had user restart his modem and restart his machine. He was able to connect and browse the Internet fine after that.

L1 Bithead

Mine isn't working too, I'm using catalina I have to disconnect from vpn in order to get internet. On windows I don't see this issue.

Has anyone solved it yet?

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone has a resolution for this at all? I am thinking it's either a hardware or software issue (i know this is obvious but hear me out) I have it working on a laptop with no issues at all. It was working on my desktop PC however I have just completed an upgrade of the main mobo and some of the trimmings and now when I connect I can remote back on to work with no issues however I can't browse the web on my local machine but I could before. 

It's a strange issue for sure but I think it's a windows setting somewhere which is causing this issue?

L1 Bithead

Has anyone got a solution for this? I'm using macOS 10.15.5 and GP 5.1.1-12

I agree that the internet is not completely down but some routing issues. traceroute to 8.8.8.8 works both with or without GP, except it is extremely slow with GP.

I even tried a Windows 10 VM on my mac (macOS 10.15.5) without changing any mac configuration. And it works perfectly fine.

I'm thinking it could be some compatibility issue between GP and macOS, but I'm not sure what to check next.

I am having the same experience.

When I connect to our VPN to begin with, it works as you'd expect.  When I map an SMB share, it's almost like the tunnel goes down.  I can't ping or connect to anything internal (where i'm VPN'd in), however, I can ping 8.8.8.8.  When I disconnect from the VPN, everything continues normally.

We are using PAN-OS 9.1.2 and GP 5.1.4; MacOS 15.5

L0 Member

Today, I did a clean install of Mojave 10.14.6 with GP 5.1.1-12.

Internet access is working fine, but as soon as I connect to the company vpn via GP, I no longer have internet access. ping 8.8.8.8 times out. When I disconnect, internet access is restored

I'm still have the same problems as well...I've even replaced the firewalls from Palo 3020 to Palo 850...

L1 Bithead

It could be anti-virus app blocking the network traffic. In my case, it was Kaspersky. As soon as I switched to Norton, everything works fine now.

Not AV in my case.  I actually don't lose network connectivity, I lose DNS and connectivity to where the VPN is.  When you're connected to the VPN, DNS comes from across the tunnel and therefore, that stops working.  GP says you're still connected the entire time.  I also can easily trigger it by mapping an SMB share.  It maps, I go to open the first folder level and it's over.

I have no AV installed. Just a fresh/clean install of Mojave 10.14.6 

Did you mange to get a solution , I am having the same problem

• 17 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!