No source user in logs post 8.1.2 upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

No source user in logs post 8.1.2 upgrade

L2 Linker

At the weekend I upgraded all our boxes from 8.0.9 to 8.1.2 as we need to make use of the new GP - Split Tunnel by URL features & Enhanced UserId coolness. Yes, I know - this was brave 🙂

Everything seems to be working as expected & as it was pre-upgrade with the exception of logging, where we no longer get the SourceUser in the logs for Traffic or URL logs in two locations.

We are using UserId agent version 8.1.2 , & I can see that the IP - username mapping is working as expected via show user ip-user-mapping ip xxxxx from the CLI, the policy is also enforcing user / group rules as expected - however the logging for traffic just has an empty field for SourceUser where pre-upgrade it was populated correctly.

This problem appears on our HA 3020 cluster and our HA 3050 cluster (both Active / Passive) - not on our standalone 820 / 500 / 220 which are using the same config & useridagents since the policy is pushed from Panorama to all devices.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks - Nick.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SimmSimm,

I would really recommend contacting TAC so that they can gather files if this is a bug, and it kind of sounds like a bug. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SimmSimm,

I would really recommend contacting TAC so that they can gather files if this is a bug, and it kind of sounds like a bug. 

L2 Linker

For completeness - this was fixed in 8.1.3, along with another issue for clustered servers whereby dynamic updates for anti-virus patterns stopped being installed correctly & evenutally stopped the active node in the cluster accepting commits.

8.1.3 is appearing to be stable, at least for us !

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!