OSPF Issue in 8.1.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

OSPF Issue in 8.1.1

Hello,

I am facing a flapping issue in OSPF, where the neighbor keeps going up and down, I tried adding a static route but the connectivity still drops packets between two devices behind the firewall on one side and behind the other mpls router on the other side, I wanted to check if this is related to the bug that was addressed in 8.1.2 as bellow:

PAN-94239
Fixed an issue where the firewall routed Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) unicast hello messages (P2MP non-broadcast) using a forwarding information base (FIB) instead of sending the messages over the interface to which the OSPF neighbor connected.

or if this is a misconfiguration in the ospf, bellow is a sample of the logs:

<var/log/pan/routed.log> OSPF 2 An adjacency with a neighbor has gone down.
<var/log/pan/routed.log> OSPF 2 Database exchange with an adjacent OSPF neighbor has been completed.
<var/log/pan/routed.log> The adjacency with this neighbor is now fully up.
<var/log/pan/routed.log> OSPF 2 An adjacency with a neighbor has gone down.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

What version was upgraded from?  are both ends running 8.1.1?  Ho woften is adjacency flapping?

Check the BFD configuration - The default settings changed in 8.1. I had an instance where one side was upgraded and the other was not, and OSPF would come up until the BFD timers expired, then flap with similar messages.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

The best way to see if you are hitting that bug is to call TAC and open a case. However there are newer version of code out there and 8.1.4 was recetnly released so you may want to read those release notes and see if there are more OSPF fixes.

Regards,

Thanks for the reply,
Actually the neighbor of PAN firewall is a cisco router, the connection is between the firewall and a router.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!