OSPF redistribution of static route

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

OSPF redistribution of static route

L4 Transporter

Hi

I have an interesting situation. I have a Active/Active cluster where I use arp load sharing and fail over for HA VIP which is also the DGW.

So for 10.32.30.0/24

.2 would be pa-a

.3 would be pa-b

.1 would be the HA VIP

The way the PA's do active active is they install a route on of of the pa's for the VIP.   even for arp load sharing..  They have their reasons. They are usually /32's.

I have OSPF running on my nework.  For some reason OSPF is picking up the /32 and adding it to the OSPF network.

Now I am trying to work out how the /32 gets added to the OSPF network. as it shows up in the routing table as a static not a connected !

So connected I can understand I have OSPF passive on the interface, but why the static route.

I do have redist rules but I apply filters on those rules for specific routes only.

so part 1 how to stop the adding ... not sure..

part 2, how to stop it advertising it!

So new redistribution rule with no redist set.

If I set it as static and the ip address 10.32.30.1/32 it doesn't filter it out.

I'm thinking I need to make it OSPF filter and use 10.32.30.1/32 as the tag.

Any thoughts or suggestesions on #2 ?

A

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!