PA-500 Management NIC Dead?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-500 Management NIC Dead?

L4 Transporter

Always seems to happen out of hours but...  the management NIC on our PA-500 seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

I can't ping it, I can't SSH/Telnet to it, nor can I get to the web GUI.

Fortunately the PAN does still appear to be passing traffic, but assuming there's no dead daemon/service that will automatically restart at some point, if I walk in Monday and have to pull the power cord, is there anything I can look at that might help me or support work out what has happened?

It's running 3.1.3.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Hello,

If the management server service is having issues we (support) will need to get console access to this device to determine root cause.

Please open a case with us.

Regards,

Gary S.

Thanks, it's logged with Vadition.  I'll see what they suggest as I'm open to doing a remote session but with the time difference it depends how everyone's fixed Monday.

I presume there's no sort of automated internal "polling" that will say "Oh that's died" and restart the service or anything, it's dead until I prod it?

Cheers.

Hi Paul,

The case is logged and VADition will be in touch with you with regards to setting up a remote session before you reboot.  Don't worry, we have people 24x7 in seat from PAN HQ Smiley Happy

Thanks for alerting us to this problem!

James

Hi All,

I experienced the same issue too with PA-2020 firmware version 3.0.8 at my customer site.

Management interface seems to lost connection after 15 minutes in the network.

Once i reboot the device,it is ok again then down after 10 minutes.

Finally i had no choice but to reboot again the device and it is all ok now. Hopefully.

Is this normal?

Regards ,

Sam

Hi Jeff,

that is not normal. Hopefully there isn't a duplicate IP in the network. If you are still experiencing this, you should call into support in order that we can take a look.Or you can prepare a techsupport file and specify the exact time of the incident in an email and send that to support.

thanks Stephen

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!