PA-7000 series is the next hardware in pipe?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-7000 series is the next hardware in pipe?

L6 Presenter

Watching the latest video from Palo Alto Networks found at:

What's in the Box?: A Behind-the-scenes Look at the Next-Generation Firewall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcPWMyne2a8

one can see at frames close to the 00:30 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcPWMyne2a8&t=30s

a code-snippet that says:

"

if self.platform in ['7000']:

"

is this a preview of upcoming hardware or is this just wishful thinking? 😉

13 REPLIES 13

L6 Presenter

good catch point Smiley Happy

I've heard about 7000 series but not any information....maybe that mark is true....

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Next week Palo I heard about a palo's event. Maybe some annoncement ....

Plao 7000 ??

PanOS 6 ??

V.

L4 Transporter

Dude nice catch! That's awesome. Guess they might want to re-think showing code that might give away future products Smiley Happy

That does look like python code (notice the try: assertion... that's a classic python use case), and I believe a lot of the PA code is python based (I know for a fact their custom shell they run on their boxes is python driven, I've seen exceptions thrown that are python exceptions)

So any news yet on PA-7000, PANOS 6.0, Panorama 6.0, Wildfire able to inspect dll, ms office, pdf and java files incl android stuff and other wishful thinking? 🙂

Nothing official, but some of your wishes will become true 😉

Cheers

Marco

You can find Informations on PanOS6 on this public Site:

PAN-OS 6.0: What's New

Cheers

Marco

Glad to see the improvement of Wildfire which now also covers office-documents, java and pdf-files.

Now lets see if/when PA-7000 will submerge 🙂

When it's done 😉

L7 Applicator

L4 Transporter

mikand it's so awesome that you called the 7000 5 months ago! Nice work man. Good eye.

Looking forward to tomorrows rollout webcast for more detail on the hardware architecture.

edit:

Looks like the documentation is out:

PA-7050 Hardware Reference Guide (English)

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L7 Applicator

Well the docs do a better job in the details on how this works, but the webcast is up on YouTube.

this page collects all the information in one place on the new chassis platform.

Introducing the PA-7050 :: The Fastest Next-Generation Firewall

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L2 Linker

PANW MIBs provides a good indication on the upcoming products - in PAN-PRODUCTS-MIB for PAN-OS 7.0 there is a PA-7080 chassis: panPA-7080 object, OID:  .1.3.6.1.4.1.25461.2.3.34

• 13 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!