PA-VM (v8.1.10) shows ETH interfaces at 10G and need them to be 1G

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-VM (v8.1.10) shows ETH interfaces at 10G and need them to be 1G

L0 Member

Running GNS3 on VMWare Workstation setup.

I have PA-VM installed running v8.1.10 code.

Everything runs well but seeing that my interfaces are running at 10G (by default) and I can't change that.

In Network-Interfaces-Ethernet-Advanced - "Link Setting" - Link-Speed and Link-Duplex are "grayed" out and set to AUTO.

Using CLI my only option is "auto".

The PA-VM is connected to my Cisco vRouters on their 1Gb interfaces..links show green but not passing data.

Want to set the PA-VM interfaces to 1Gb.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I am curious if you were to disconnect your links (temporarily), enough to show link down... and then use the PANW GUI to statically configure the interface speed/duplex.  It is technically not possible (in real world, that I am aware of, that VM series FWs support 10G interfaces.. but hey, maybe I am incorrect. :P)

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Thanks for the suggestion...I was able to go in and actually delete the "connected" links and still the same result...link-speed and link-duplex are "greyed" out and show only "auto".  Did jump into the CLI and my only option is "auto".

This has been very frustrating as I am pretty much at a standstill because of this.  Several internet searches have come up empty...just find it hard to believe that nobody else has seen this.

L0 Member

Does anyone have a solution for this issue? 

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!