PA traps certificate expired

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA traps certificate expired

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We have ESM Console and server using SSL certificate. This  certificate has expired so we lost communication between traps and agents, and we only connect to ESM from the own server.

How can i renew the certificate SSL???? Its mandatory to install executable installation traps again?

thanks 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

We solve the problem renewwing the certificate via CMD and ISS. It wasnt neccesary to reinstall.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

While I'm not a traps expert, you might want to contact Support on this as it sounds like its time sensitive.

Regards,

Reviewing the PA traps documentation i see that this SSL certificate is selected when you install the .exe server or console. So the only way to change the certificate is reinstall server and console executables?  

Yes, this is the process I took when my SSL certificate expired.  It was quick and painless.  

😞 The config is saved right. so if we reinstall we wont lose trpas config in server and core, right?

That was the case when I renewed my certificate.  The config is stored in a database that exists independently of the ESM/Core functions.  Take a backup/snapshot of your ESM before starting, just in case you have any issues.  it wouldn't hurt to contact TAC either and validate the procedure.  

Hi,

We solve the problem renewwing the certificate via CMD and ISS. It wasnt neccesary to reinstall.

HI, sorry you mentioned you solved this by "We solve the problem renewing the certificate via CMD and ISS. It wasnt neccesary to reinstall." Could you please explain a little more what you meant, did you mean to say using CMD line and IIS???

Thanks

Hi guys.

I was trying to find this document https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Endpoint-Articles/Traps-on-the-Endpoint-Security-Manager-Loses-... which is mentioned in other posts as a solution however it is impossible to open it (homepage of live.paloaltonetwroks.com is opening instead).

Does somebody has an idea where to find it?

Thx in adv 🙂 

Hey @marsta

The solutions part of the Live forums recently migrated over to "Knowledgebase" on the Support Portal.

Try the below link 🙂

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClPWCA0

Cheers,

Luke.

These are the steps to solve the certificate issue:

renovar certificado traps.JPG

Nothing to do in ESM application. Everything in CMD and IIS Manager.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!