PA200 stops forwading traffic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA200 stops forwading traffic

L2 Linker

Hi,

we have a pa200 (6.0.8) whichs suddenly stops forwarding traffic. So we had to reboot the device via managment UI to fix the problem. After doin some research i found this knowledge article from palo alto:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/Firewall-Slows-Down-and-Stops-Forwarding-Tr...

Since we have Qos enabled (and running fine with qos config for 3 or 4 months) for voip i am not sure if we run into this problem? Here are my voip class which is attached to the interfaces for cleartext traffic.

voip_class

Should i add "class4" into my VOIP Rule or should i add an extra qos policy for class 4 traffic (from any to any --> class 4)? But i thought thats the default behaviour from a palo alto (Traffic which is not assigned to a qos class is automatic class 4).

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I would add class 4 to your VOIP profile aswell as class 4 is default class where traffic is placed if no QoS policy applies to it.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Raido is right.

Class 4 is the default one for all traffic which doesn't match any QoS rule.

Then no chance for you, it's the only class you can't use in your case 🙂

Just chnage it.

V.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!