PA200 with DSL (Dynamic DHCP Client) causing slow web browsing and "incomplete" application in traffic monitor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA200 with DSL (Dynamic DHCP Client) causing slow web browsing and "incomplete" application in traffic monitor

Not applicable

Ever since I put my PA200 inline at my house, my internet has been running really slow.

In troubleshooting, I learned about the "More Runtime Stats" link in the virtual router.  I needed this info to determine what traffic should be considered "interesting" and routed through the SSL VPN to create split tunneling for remote access.

Because s lot of my traffic was showing as "incomplete" in the traffic monitor, I knew my slow browsing was a routing problem.  Anytime the application shows "incomplete" there is a missing 3-way handshake.  The "More Runtime Stats" revealed that I had two default gateways (0.0.0.0/0 was entered twice.)

I had added a static route pointing 0.0.0.0/0 to my (outside) ethernet1/1 interface.  Apparently the firewall also adds a default route when I selected "dynamic DHCP client" for my outside interface.

Removing the static default gateway (I had added) from my config fixed my problems.

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

PA will add a default route automatically if you check the option under the DHCP client interface:

dhcp.JPG

• 1 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!