PAN 5060 7.1.11 HA Election Settings Frozen in Web UI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN 5060 7.1.11 HA Election Settings Frozen in Web UI

L1 Bithead

I experienced an issue when using the UI in 7.1.11 on a PAN 5060

I disabled "Preemptive" in the "Elections Settings" area of the "Device -> High Availability -> General" page in 7.1.10. It has a template from Panorama, so the change is saved as an override.

I upgraded to 7.1.11. When I tried to enable "Preemptive", by reverting the override, the UI freezes. If I reload the page, the change is not recorded.

But if I delete the setting from the CLI, then run a commit from the UI, the setting is restored. But any attempt to edit is causes the UI to freeze.

(active)> configure
Entering configuration mode
[edit]                                                                                                                    
(active)# delete deviceconfig high-availability group 1 election-option preemptive

[edit]                                                                                                                   
(active)# exit
Exiting configuration mode

10 REPLIES 10

L4 Transporter

Hi,

Could you enable debug on GUI:

https://<ip-address>/debug

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/How-to-Run-a-PAN-OS-Web-UI-Debug/ta-p/58117

Then do the changes you are talking about from GUI, and then refresh the debugs.

If the debugs dont give much idea, please open a case with TAC. This may be a software issue they can help take a look into.

BR

Yes, I get a PHP Fatal error

[19-Jul-2017 07:13:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function asXML() on a non-object in /var/appweb/htdocs/php/device/ha/HAElection.php on line 124

@LesSmith

It looks like your HAElection is corrupt. I would recommend that you try reinstalling 7.1.11 and see if that fixes your issue; it sounds like something didn't get unpacked correctly during your update. 

L7 Applicator

I had the same problem on an old 2020 ... this happened when I migrated the firewall from local to panorama management including HA settings ... but I did not think about this further ... used the CLI --> problem solved

I then also decided to do ALL HA configs only local because with panorama it is more a pain for HA settings than a help

Alas the CLI is working because you aren't relying on the PHP script as stated in the error.

/var/appweb/htdocs/php/device/ha/HAElection.php

It really depends on how bad you want this to work. A reinstall of the OS should get this to work correctly, or just use the CLI as you did previously in your first post. My personal choice would be the CLI path but I don't do a lot of configuration work in the GUI so that's a natural progression for me, but I also don't have to worry about another admin working on my devices. 

L7 Applicator

The issue was only present when there are values in a panorama template. After I removed the template values it is possible again to configure all HA settings on the local device.

My personal advice in addition to @BPry's is: configure HA settings only locally

@Remo,

Interesting. I wonder if including a value in a panorama template removes the member object in the config file that the .php script is trying to target? 

L7 Applicator

@BPry

Could be ... I don't know ... for me the issue was not important enough (workaround was too simple), to open a case and spend more time into this one

Reinstall did not work 😞

Also this happened on all four of my Palo 5060's.

les

L4 Transporter

I see a similar issue in the database and looks like its addresses in 8.0. Is it possible to give 8.0.X a try?

I woul suggest to open a TAC case so that they can help investigate more and if applicable request a backport in 7.1

• 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!