PAN Active/Active Virtual IP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN Active/Active Virtual IP?

Not applicable

I have active/active cluster and I want to have two virtual IPs for the cluster interface.

1) Are there any restrictions for number of virtual IPs (VIP) on one Active/Active cluster interface? Is it correct to have only one VIP per interface?

I have entered configuration bellow in Management GUI, committed the configuration and no error. But I get ping echo reply only for the last VIP configured.

ARP entries are seen for both VIPs?

Example (ARP Load Sharing):

Interface IP: 10.1.1.1/24, 10.1.10.1/24

VIP1: 10.1.1.10/24

VIP1: 10.1.10.10/24

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hello msmid,

In Layer3, we support 2 modes of operation : Floating IP and ARP load sharing.

Floating IP: Supports multiple VIPs per gateway and these can be used by hosts in the network as gateway. If failover occurs, gratuitous ARP is sent out by the functional device. Once device recovers, floating IP and VMAC will move back to the original device.

ARP load sharing: A VIP is shared among the HA peers, but each with their individual VMAC. The device that responds to the ARP request is determined by computing a hash or modulo of the source IP address of the ARP request. If link or device failure, floating IP and VMAC moves over to the functional device. Gratuitous ARP is sent out by the functional device.

Hope that helps!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!