PAN Agent internal, Management interface external

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN Agent internal, Management interface external

Not applicable

I run a PA-2020 situated in a data centre.

It is the core router and Internet gateway for a very distributed network, mostly Interent VPNs to the PAN itself.

There are a couple of servers co-located with the PAN, connected to its inside interface.

Due to the architecture of the network, I have elected to put the management network on a public IP and restrict via source IP address who can connect.

Now trying to enable User-ID, and have discovered that the firewall connection is initiated from the Management interface, which hence does not have IP connectivity to the internal server.

Various attempts to publish the internal server to a public IP and configure the PAN to use that have so far been unsuccessful.

Any suggestions welcomed as I need to get this working.

PS. Latest software in use on both the PAN and the user agent for Active Directory.

Thanks

Tony

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

Problem Solved!

Device Tab

Setup

Service Route Configuration

Change uid-agent to use the required (internal) interface

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!