PAN-OS 5.0.7 Never again

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-OS 5.0.7 Never again

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We upgraded our PA to PANOS 5.0.7 and the day after the users report several problems: accessing to internet, and the vpn client Global Protect wasnt working. We have done a revert to the version 5.0.5 and now its rowking propertly........

Anyone has had any of this problem with the release 5.0.7:

-Slow internet

-Any webs working and others web no

-Global protect vpn not working, and gateway web not available.

Thanks a lot

20 REPLIES 20

we are already using in 2 seperate production environment.There maybe some issues(bugs) but we have not seen anything for 4 days.

@panos, could you please telle me what is the issue in 5.0.6 with multiple vsys?

DNS across multiple vsys is broken ->fixed in 5.0.6 h3

I was told that but I did not have issue with this because did not use 5.0.6 much

just jumped to 7 and 8 after....

Thanks for the answer, i was just testing 5.0.8, and it is not better than the other buggy versions, since i rebooted my panorama, i lost some configurations (device groups, templates...). These parts of configurations was present in the XML configuration file, but not present in the configurations displayed in the GUI, the downgrade to 5.0.5 fixed the issue :smileyshocked:

That seems very bad...I was thinking of an upgrade for panorama with some devices in another prod.

L1 Bithead

We have experienced the same issues with GP after upgrading to PAN-)A 5.0.7, also saw our Dataplane reboot when running PAN-OS 5.0.3. PaloAlto should be verifying these mayor parts of their OS before rolling out upgrades.

• 20 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!