PANOS 6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PANOS 6

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I guess we've missed the release event of PANOS 6. Sadly we have no overview about the new features and so on...

Do you have some information to share?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hithead: The answer to this question is essentially "contact your SE and ask about getting on the beta program." I emailed my SE and asked to be added to the beta program, and today the request went through.

I can also get to New Features Guide 6.0 (English) now too.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

L5 Sessionator

Hello Ewald Spadi,

May you are looking for this: New Features Guide 6.0 (English)

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

cannot open the link:

Unauthorized

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

PAN-OS 6.0 hasn't been released yet (it's in beta right now).  The feature set hasn't been published.  Once 6.0 is released, there will be plenty of documentation on the new feature sets. 

I cannot open the link either. Does anyone have access?

Jared wrote: hasn't been published yet. So I guess its not a official link....

Only those who are part of the beta program and have accepted the beta agreement can view that document.  Once PAN-OS 6.0 is shipping, additional documentation will be released to the public. 

L4 Transporter

Hithead: The answer to this question is essentially "contact your SE and ask about getting on the beta program." I emailed my SE and asked to be added to the beta program, and today the request went through.

I can also get to New Features Guide 6.0 (English) now too.

L4 Transporter

The features document will help a lot.

As far as the beta, 6.0 comes out next week so I would just wait until the final as oppose to messing with the beta.

There is a public Document for PanOS 6.0 available:

PAN-OS 6.0: What's New

Cheers

Marco

This is not mentioned in the release notes.

PANORAMA 5.1 introduced 64-bit mode VMWARE machine. I believe - based on these forums - that it also improved the way that the log indexing worked, in that it replaced the genindex.sh route that is called every 15 minutes with a python script. At the moment 4.1 and 5.0 management plane slow down every time genindex.sh runs,

Assuming my understanding is correct :-), and its real, has this improvement been rolled into 6.0 for Devices and Panorama?

I know logging performance is not very exciting but it becomes important when it impacts performance on a busy device.

Thanks

L3 Networker

A google search comes up with this more detailed document about PAN OS 6...

https://paloaltonetworks.com/content/dam/paloaltonetworks-com/en_US/assets/pdf/datasheets/whats-new/...

L4 Transporter

PANOS 6 is now released... Let's find the bugs :smileygrin:

You guys can go ahead and find the bugs... I'll be waiting about a year until PANOS 6.0.10 is out before we will move anything critical to 6.0

Or maybe we'll wait for 6.1.10... hmm. Decisions decisions.

Hithead I believe you found a bug in the WebUI already didn't you? Self fulfilling prophecy there, no? 🙂

It was clear for me, there are bugs. But I'm really interested to get a stable version of PANOS AND GP...

So i'm using my LAB device firstly, before I will enroll version 6.0.10 :smileygrin::smileygrin: on all devices...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 28 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!