PANOS 7.1.x Internet Explorer web management slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PANOS 7.1.x Internet Explorer web management slow

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I upgraded our FWs from 6.1 to 7.1 a few weeks ago and ever since the web management access from Internet Explorer is painfully slow to load - takes around 1 minute to bring up the dashboard after logging in or contexting from Panorama to a firewall.

Running from Chrome and it loads in 10secs. I've been through multiple combinations of settings on IE but the best I can get is around a 30sec load time. Compatibilty view just breaks it as well.

Also, the UI isn't displayed correctly in IE - the object/tag browser panel in the Policies view has the horizontal split in the wrong place, again, in Chrome this is fine. If I change the document type to IE11 in the dev tools options the split fixes itself but then the rest of the management doesn't work.

Does anyone else have this issue? We have to access the FW management from a jump server which only has IE on so my options are limited (opened a hole in the FW to test the Chrome thing).

I've contacted our support and Palo Alto about this and they say there's no known issues and it must be a local setting, but the fact that the web ui is changing the doc type to IE9 which breaks the object browser panel makes me think otherwise.

thanks

Jack

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JackGray,

This is not a local setting issue. Out of the box Internet Explorer 11 doesn't even have access to the GUI on 8.0.*, and I recall it being a mixed bag when running 7.1.*. Internet Explorer has been abandoned 

I will say that this isn't really a Palo Alto issue, it's more of a Browser standards issue. Using Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Edge will provide a fully functional PAN GUI, although they all have there own slight differences that you'll notice on how the GUI actually renders. I personally would recommend simply installing another browser on your jump host. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JackGray,

This is not a local setting issue. Out of the box Internet Explorer 11 doesn't even have access to the GUI on 8.0.*, and I recall it being a mixed bag when running 7.1.*. Internet Explorer has been abandoned 

I will say that this isn't really a Palo Alto issue, it's more of a Browser standards issue. Using Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Edge will provide a fully functional PAN GUI, although they all have there own slight differences that you'll notice on how the GUI actually renders. I personally would recommend simply installing another browser on your jump host. 

thanks! I'll pester our infrastructure team to see if we can get another browser installed.

finally got firefox installed on the jump servers and performance is much better

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!