PANOS 8.1.3 Commit job was not queued. All daemons are not available.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PANOS 8.1.3 Commit job was not queued. All daemons are not available.

L1 Bithead

I just update to PANOS 8.1.3 yesterday and found a error when commit the change today. The error message is 'Commit job was not queued. All daemons are not available.'. I tried reboot the firewall and the error still exists when I click on the commit. So no change can apply because it cannot commit the change. Now I rollback to 8.1.2 and it can commit the change.

Anyone have that problem?

16 REPLIES 16

L1 Bithead

@simonleung, what appliance are you using? is it a PA800 series or PA3200 series?

Hello,

It is PA820.

Thx

@simonleung, thanks for replying. we will also test this in our PA850.

i suggest you report it to palo alto support. so that if it is a bug; it can be resolved asap

thanks

Hi,

PA-850

L1 Bithead
hi all

has anybody upgraded successfully to panos8.1.3 using a PA3200 series?
is it stable? any feedback will b greatly appreciated
thanks

@Egghead_Systems,

Upgraded one of the lab units to 8.1.3 and it appears to be stable; however note that this particular lab device isn't used much, so take that with plenty of grains of salt 😉 

L2 Linker

I also have this issue.  Running 8.1.3 on PA-3020

L1 Bithead

Updated our 3060 Cluster to 8.1.3. It works till now.

I have this working.

In my case logrcv process was in "stopped" state.

You can see that when issuing "show system software status" command.

After restarting the process, I was able to commit. ("debug software restart process log-receiver")

I also had to revert all changes made prior the process restart before I could commit.

*** UPDATE ***

The issue is back.

I also noticed, there are no new logs being created, and no data can be seen in ACC and dashboard.

Hi, same issue on my PA -> logrcvr stopped!

Regards

I upgraded two 3220s from 8.1.0 (factory) directly to 8.1.3.  Then pasted a bunch of config into both and HA-paired them w/o issue 7 days ago.

L0 Member

My vm virtual machine has the same problem. The virtual machine version is esx 6.1.2.ova.but I restat the machine was ok.

Hi Guys this is my quick solution to the above "commit" error. exit the configuration mode and retur back to it by typing configure then retype "commit" the firewall will allow to commit the changes.

=============================================

admin@PA-VM#
[edit]
admin@PA-VM# Server error : Commit job was not queued. All daemons are not available.
Unknown command: Server
[edit]
admin@PA-VM# exit
Exiting configuration mode
admin@PA-VM> configure
Entering configuration mode
[edit]
admin@PA-VM# commit

Commit job 2 is in progress. Use Ctrl+C to return to command prompt
........................55%....75%.98%.............................100%
Configuration committed successfully

[edit]
admin@PA-VM#

ND Radebe

L1 Bithead

If it still gives u an issue type "commit Force"

ND Radebe
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!