PBF route distributed over dynamic routing protocol

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PBF route distributed over dynamic routing protocol

L6 Presenter

Hello.

Is the above possible? Can a PBF route be further distributed over a dynamic routing protocol like OSPF?

Best regards,

Simon

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

Hello Simon,

I don't think it will be possible, as PBF is just a RULE, nowhere reflect on the routing table. If that information is not available on the routing table, then how you will re-distribute..? Smiley Happy

We can wait for more answers here.

Thanks

L7 Applicator

No Policy based routing cannot be imported into dynamic protocols like OSPF or BGP.  These policies have only local significance to the router on which they are created.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L6 Presenter

pbf rule is used to work before virtual router and also it will not be possible to use Dynamic routing.

L6 Presenter

Yeah, I was thinking the same. But wanted to check to be sure. Thanx for the answers.

I have a following scenario for which I haven't found a solution yet: I only want a route directing traffic into IPsec tunnel to be distributed if the IPsec tunnel is up. However static route remains active in routing table even if IPsec tunnel is down and I can't use PBF as it doesn't affect routing table. Any other ideas?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!