PBF rule Next hop[ going down track

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PBF rule Next hop[ going down track

L4 Transporter

how can we track when next hop status of PBF rule says down ?

any logs for that giving more info

SD-WAN | Cloud Networking | PCNSE | ICSI CNSS | MCNA | | CCNP | CCSA | SPSP | SPSX | F5-101 |
2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Good Day

There is a Monitor profile (Network Tab ==> Network Profile ==> Monitor) that should be enabled and applied to your PBF rules.

I belive the FW using simple ping to test the next-hop you have programmed in PBF.

If ping fails, then after the time listed in your Monitor profile, the FW fails back to using the virtual router.

the only log that comes to mind would be the system log that would tell you the next hop is not available.

anyone have ideas?

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

I have attached  monitor profile   to PBF rule but still when next hop status change state to up or down I dont see any logs in monitor - system

anyone has any idea ?

SD-WAN | Cloud Networking | PCNSE | ICSI CNSS | MCNA | | CCNP | CCSA | SPSP | SPSX | F5-101 |
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!