PPPoe connecting to Centurylink / Qwest

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PPPoe connecting to Centurylink / Qwest

Not applicable

I am replacing ASA boxes with PA. Currently the DSL modems are set up in "transparent" mode. This means that the firewall makes the "call".

The ISP assigned a block of static IP's and at least in case of the ASA I do not need to specify anything else other than the credentials and type of Authentication to connect to the ISP whom in turn hands out the IP to the WAN interface.

So far, my PA's refuse to make the call.

Physical Interface set to Layer3

Netflow-None

Has a Username and Password

iPV4-PPPoE

Authentication-CHAP

Everything else set to default.

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

I figured it out....Untagged interface MUST be selected in the Advanced Tab.

I have been trying this for several days and can not get mine to work. I have set the mode on the modem to use transparent mode and untagged, but it does not receive anything with using PPPoE. I have everything correct of what you show above and can not figure out what’s going on with it.

Has anybody figured this out? I am trying to get PPPoe setup on my home PA-220 and it doesn't pull the IP information down from CenturyLink. If you can share a screenshot (minus login info) that would be greatly appreciated.

did anyone get this working?

Got it to work by unticking passive, and making sure the draytech vigor was set to default.

Used Auto for authentication.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!