Pa220 problem with random reboot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Pa220 problem with random reboot

L0 Member

We are having 2 x PA220 with latest software and they are rebooting when we are using web management. I am fustrated, I opened support ticket (own premium support) and I have two options; to downgrade to 8.1.x  or wait 2 months for bug fix (HTTPd process, the one affected by the OOM). 

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@StojanCergol,

Well you have one additional option actually as a clear work around, and that would be to utilize the CLI to make your changes and review the logs. It's not a great solution to your issue, but it is one that is available. I'm guessing since you upgraded these devices in the first place you are require a feature within 9.0 and a downgrade isn't an option, but if that isn't the case remember that 9.0 doesn't have an actual recommended status yet.

Depending on your requirements you could also simply restart the devices on a schedule, obviously easier if this is an HA pair, to avoid actually running into the OOM condition. I've yet to see or hear about this happening without days of uptime on the device, so simply script a schedule restart and failover of the device during non-working hours if an HA pair and you shouldn't actually run into the device spontaneously rebooting. 

I understand that neither option is extremely compelling, and I can understand wanting to air out your frustrations. The OOM condition present with the 220 running 9.0 has been a known issue since it was originally released to the public however, so this shouldn't be that much of a surprise. If you need the capabilities of 9.0 you'll need to utilize a workaround; if you don't actually require the additional features TAC is correct that you should downgrade to 8.1.9-h4 which is the current preferred release. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!