Packet lost during HA Failover

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Packet lost during HA Failover

L2 Linker

I am seeing few packet lost when its switching over to passive mode. is there any way to prevernt this?

5 REPLIES 5

Community Team Member

Hi @pkathiria ,

Please add more details on how your HA is configured.

For now you might want to check the HA best practices guide and verify if there are areas that you might 'improve' upon in your configuration :

HA ACTIVE/PASSIVE BEST PRACTICES

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L6 Presenter

Can you add a bit more detail on how you're identifying the packet loss?  What issues are you having?  How is your HA setup?  Are you directly connected, or is it connected via a switched environment?

Hi Brendon,

HA is connected to the thier dedicated ports ( 5250). I did followed the best practise for HA active/passive. When active is failing over to passive i am seeing few packet lost. I am testing though multiple way like changing the priority, Link monitoring, rebooting active device.  HA timer  seta as a recommended.

@pkathiria wrote:

Hi Brendon,

HA is connected to the thier dedicated ports ( 5250). I did followed the best practise for HA active/passive. When active is failing over to passive i am seeing few packet lost. I am testing though multiple way like changing the priority, Link monitoring, rebooting active device.  HA timer  seta as a recommended.

When I say "Can you add a bit more detail on how you're identifying the packet loss? "  that doesn't mean changing device priority...I mean are you watching a video on youtube...browsing a website, doing an FTP session...ping...What are you doing that's letting you know you have packet loss and how much are you actually seeing?

When you say you're using the dedicated ports what ports are you using?  HA1-A and HA1-B only?  HCSI port? Any other ports defined for HA2?

@pkathiria,

To add to what @Brandon_Wertz  has already requested another important piece of this would be to know how your firewall is actually deployed? Are you running a simple v-wire deployment, layer2 interfaces, layer3 interfaces, any aggregates deployed? 

There is a lot of areas that can cause a small amount of downtime during a failover event, but to single out what's actually going on we need more information. 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!